Recently spoke with a prospect who kept asking me, "What's the ONE secret of sucessul demand generation marketing?" And I kept telling him, to be sucessful at demand generation marketing you have to simultaneously work at a number of channels, because no one channel will get you the kind of sales acceleration you want alone. But I will say, Digital marketing is the largest component in my marketing mix these days, and for good reason. Internet marketing can be labor intensive and complex, but it is definitely the most cost-effective way to increase revenue quickly today, so it is worth the effort.
As promised, here are a few tricks of demand generation marketing, let's call them:
The Ten Commandments of Demand Generation Marketing
- Thou shalt create messaging that clearly depicts the pain points your propsects are having so they can quickly self-identify as needing your solution.
- Thou shalt blog often taking care to use target keywords for proper SEO in your title and subtitles, body, alt-tags for images, meta tags and descriptions to drive relevant traffic to your website.
- Thou shalt create educational offers with brightly-colored-call-to-action buttons and landing pages outlining and showing what the prospect will receive if they fill out the form to download your offer.
- Thou shalt create offers at every level of the sales funnel, proving ROI and send them to leads you have captured, thus reminding them of your solutions so they will remember to budget for your products and services.
- Thou shalt place educational offers everywhere including at the bottom of each blog article, on every page of your website, directly into social media, in email offers, and lead nurturing campaigns.
- Thou shalt spend more money on internet marketing and less on trade shows since people use the internet and search engines today to research products, not tradeshows.
- Thou shalt use analytics to see which marketing campaigns and programs are bringing in leads that are closing in sales, duplicate, tweak, repeat.
- Thou shalt tweet, pin, like, share, link, reddit, and tumbl with the best of them.
- Thou shalt focus on cost per lead and move on to cost effective marketing methods even if it takes you out of your comfort zone and you have to get specialized training to keep up with current effective marketing methods.
- Thou shalt only set up meetings with interested prospects, and not bombard people with email who have not shown an interest in thy product or service.
There you have it, the ten commandments of demand generation marketing. Did I miss any of your favorites?
Bay Area Inbound specializes in Demand Generation Marketing Consulting. We enable our technology clients to increase qualified leads and revenue in just 3 to 6 man months, through demand generation programs, lead-generation campaigns, and marketing automation. For more information contact Laurie at 510-543-7593 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the image below to get your free slides on lead generation lessons learned from 4,000 companies: