It is surprising how few companies take advantage of lead nurturing. If more of them understood that their Sales would increase by 50% and their costs would be reduced by 33%, I am guessing they would definitely take advantage of this very important automated marketing tool. Another one of my favorites lead management facts: Research shows that 35-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. (Source: InsideSales.com).
But how can you be first? Make sure your customers find you when they are looking and that you respond right away when they find you. Easier said than done? Sales and marketing teams can take advantage of the relatively inexpensive software tools such as automated marketing Software like Hubspot or Marketo to respond instantly and automatically to customer requests. In Hubspot or Marketo, a new lead alert will be sent to the appropriate salesperson automatically as well so a live human can immediately get back to their inquiry. Let the software work for you and hire qualified people to make sure it is set up right. So you can increase your sales by 35 to 50% just by responding first.
Let's take a look at a few other important statistics about Lead Management:
- 50% of leads are qualified but not yet ready to buy. (Source: Gleanster Research) Only 25% of leads are legitimate and should advance to sales. (Source: Gleanster Research)
- Jeff Ernst of Forrester Research, Inc., estimates that only about 5% of marketers use a full-featured marketing automation solution (Source: Forrester Research)
- Research shows that 35-50% of sales go to the vendor that responds first. (Source: InsideSales.com)
- 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. Lack of lead nurturing is the common cause of this poor performance. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 61% of B2B marketers send all leads directly to Sales; however, only 27% of those leads will be qualified. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Just 56% of B2B organizations verify valid business leads before they are passed to Sales. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- A whopping 68% of B2B organizations have not identified their funnel. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 57% of B2B organizations identify 'converting qualified leads into paying customers' as a top funnel priority. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 65% of B2B marketers have not established lead nurturing. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 79% of B2B marketers have not established lead scoring. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 34% of B2B organizations touch leads with lead nurturing on a monthly basis. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 22% of B2B organizations touch leads with lead nurturing on a weekly basis. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 15% of B2B organizations touch leads with lead nurturing on a quarterly basis. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 9% of B2B organizations touch leads with lead nurturing on a daily basis. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- 2% of B2B organizations touch leads with lead nurturing on an annual basis. (Source: MarketingSherpa)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Source: Forrester Research)
- Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source: The Annuitas Group)
- Companies that automate lead management see a 10% or greater increase in revenue in 6-9 months. (Source: Gartner Research)
- 46% of marketers with mature lead management processes have sales teams that follow up on more than 75% of marketing-generated leads. (Source: Forrester Research)
- 25% of marketers who adopt mature lead management processes report that sales teams contact prospects within one day. Only 10% of marketers report the same follow-up time without mature lead management processes. (Source: Forrester Research)
- Companies with mature lead generation and management practices have a 9.3% higher sales quota achievement rate. (Source: CSO Insights)
- Relevant emails drive 18 times more revenue than broadcast emails. (Source: Jupiter Research)
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14%, and conversion rates by 10%. (Source: Aberdeen Group)
- Event-triggered marketing can potentially save 80% of your direct mail budget. (Source: Gartner Research)
- Lead nurturing emails get 4-10 times the response rate compared to standalone email blasts. (Source: SilverPop/DemandGen Report)
- Lead nurturing emails generate an 8% CTR compared to general email sends, which generate just a 3% CTR. (Source: HubSpot)
- Lead nurturing emails have a slightly higher unsubscribe rate (1%) than individual email sends (0.5%), indicating their effectiveness in removing unqualified leads from the sales funnel. (Source: HubSpot)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing have 9% more sales reps making quota. (Source: CSO Insights)
- Nurtured leads produce, on average, a 20% increase in sales opportunities versus non-nurtured leads. (Source: DemandGen Report)
Please let us know if you want us to help you set up software that will both get you leads and nurture them towards sales.
Bay Area Inbound is a full-service Inbound Marketing Agency in the SF Bay Area that specializes in campaign creation and lead generation to significantly increase revenue for technology companies.
For more information on getting traffic to your site and generating the leads you need, contact email@example.com or 510-543-7593.
For more tips and tricks, download our free whitepaper by clicking the box below: