Bay Area Inbound Marketing Blog

Improving Off-Page SEO via Inbound Links by Bay Area Inbound

Posted by Laurie Monahan on Wed, Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

Improving Off-Page SEO With Inbound Links

So if on-page SEO accounts for 25% of your overall search engine ranking, what makes up the remaining 75%? Off-page SEO. Off-Page SEO is based on the authority of your website, or what other websites ‘say’ about yours. Simply put, websites with better or higher authority will rank better than websites with lower authority.

One of the main influencers on a website’s authority is inbound links. If another website links to your website or a page on your website (like a blog article), that is called an inbound link. More inbound links is better, and more inbound links from website’s with high authority themselves is even better than that (e.g. an inbound link from The New York Times website is much more valuable than an inbound link from a low-trafficked blog with a small readership).

So what’s the best way to attract more inbound links (or ‘link love,’ as we like to call it)? Through content creation! Creating valuable, remarkable content that other websites will naturally want to link to in their own content is a great way to increase your website’s inbound links. In addition, you can improve your chances of attracting inbound links by sharing your content in social media and optimizing it for search results so it can easily be found.


Source:Hubspot and Bay Area Inbound Co-Branded Guide: "Essential Guide to Internet Marketing".

Click to get your Free Copy now for more info: "Essential Guide to Internet Marketing".

Bay Area Inbound is a full-service Internet Marketing Consulting Company and proud reseller of Hubspot Software.

Please explore our site for more information on how we can help your company Get Noticed, Get Talked About, Get Found, Get Leads, and Get Sales.


Topics: Inbound Links, Off-Page SEO, Bay Area Inbound