If you have been thinking “I need more traffic to my site” then a business blog is one of the best ways to accomplish this. Developing fresh, interesting blog content written for the right keywords that you promote through social media will increase your traffic.
Google search spiders work to find content that matches people’s queries. The spiders follow a search engine algorithm that determines how high your site will show up on someone’s Google search. A few factors that help rank your site higher include having fresh blog content, using the right keywords and having inbound links. This post gives tips for creating a catchy blog that your readers will want to share.
- Create a blog schedule – Blog on a regular basis, ideally a few times per week.
- Use catchy titles – A clear and direct title that offers a top 10 list, explains how to do something, or explains how not to do something are popular. Sensational titles get attention. Try your industry's equivalent of “Confessions of an Inbound Marketer." It's sensational without being salacious.
- Include an image – A relevant image attracts attention to your blog post and increases the likelihood people will read it.
- Format blogs for easy reading – Break up some of the long paragraphs into bullet points. Bold the terms and ideas you want to highlight.
- Vary content – Leverage the buzz about recent news items and write some blog posts about news relating to your industry. Other posts will be more timeless. Position yourself as an expert in your field by writing about industry best practices.
- Choose your keywords carefully – Write each blog around a carefully chosen keyword. Use that keyword in the title, meta description, first sentence and in the body text. For more information about choosing keywords, check out our post Choosing the Best Keywords.
- Take a stand – Write clearly and definitively about topics in your expertise. Show you are an authority in this area.
Before or after each post make sure there is a “Share” button for social media. This will make it easy for visitors who like your posts to share them on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Make sure you share your content on these social media sites as well.
A business blog addresses the common lament of "I need more traffic to my site." If you would like to delve deeper into these inbound marketing issues, Bay Area Inbound can help.